Full course description
This course is organized into three parts.
Part 1: INTRODUCTION TO OUR ONLINE ENVIRONMENT
Part 1 will introduce you to Learning and Teaching Services and your Canvas support team. We'll present options and examples to help you think through how your course will function on our Canvas platform and integrate with our other technologies. We'll even discuss a few critical differences between the MU academic and MU Extension Canvas instances.
Part 2: UNDERSTANDING YOUR STUDENT MANAGEMENT OPTIONS.
Part 2 will take you through various student enrollment, access and participation options. At the other end of your course, you need to understand your course completion options and responsibilities, and how to offer and use course completion certificates.
Part 3: COURSE LIFE CYCLE AND RENEWAL OPTIONS.
We begin this section with a high-level view of online course development including processes that we have put in place to guide you from requesting a course development site to activating a course to your course completion options. Then, we'll look at your course renewal options, copying an existing course or adding a new course enrollment section.
We have used Modules to organize course content by topic, included graphics and videos where appropriate, and provided many authentic examples.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Correctly classify course examples by type, format, and enrollment option.
- Create a life cycle timeline for your course
- Describe your responsibilities for course management.
- Identify support resources
- Locate and complete a course development site request form
- reate a course using the rapid course development MultiTool
- Describe the purpose and value of course templates
- Identify steps in our course review process
- Describe student and instructor impacts for different course completion options
Meet the Instructor
Jessica Gordon, PhD
(573) 884-3177 | email@example.com